Saturday, August 21, 2010

How to deal with... well I don't know how you call it... this story?

I am a foreign exchange student in Spain. I have been for the past 7 months. At first it was really hard because everybody kept making fun of the American in Spain who didn't know Spanish. I never truly made many friends in the school. I get along really well with all of the boys, but the rest of the girls, not so much.





So one day, I made a tuenti, which is like a facebook, but just for Spaniards. So one day I get a friend request from some girl named Alicia and was friends with one girl from my class named Irene.





For some odd reason, I decided to accept her. I looked at her tuenti page. It seemed kind of weird because she only had 6 photos and didn’t belong to any school. She made her tuenti like over a year ago and had about 100 friends. And all the only posts on her wall said, “happy birthday don’t know why you’re my friend, but happy birthday.”





The same night I accepted Alicia she started to message me. She told me that I was very very pretty and that she was a lesbian. She asked me if I was a lesbian too, and I said no. To change the subject I asked her about Irene. She told me that she didn’t really know Irene, she didn’t get along with Irene and that she was ugly. She asked me tons of questions about Irene, like if she’s had sex before, if she has a boyfriend, etc. I answered to all of them, I don’t really know her that well. She started to ask me a thousand times if I liked anyone in my class. Afraid that it was somebody in my class making a joke, I said no. Then she asked if I wanted to have cybersex with her. After some convincing I foolishly agreed. After we “had cyber sex”, she went to bed and logged off of tuenti. Then logged in Irene.





I started to wonder if Alicia was Irene, because of all the questions she asked me about Irene and my class. Later on during the week I asked Irene if she knew an Alicia Sanchez. She plainly said no. I started talking to Irene, but she just ignored me. Which was very strange, because normally she doesn’t do that. Late on in the week I noticed that whenever Alicia signed off Irene signed on.








Then last night, I was talking to Alicia another time, but then she suddenly logged off, and Irene signed in. Irene sent me a message saying ';sorry jenny, my internet went out';. My heart started beating sooooo fast, because I suddenly knew for sure that Irene was Alicia. And I figured she probably told the entire school everything I said and everything ';we did';. I replied saying ';whaaaaat??'; And she suddenly logged off, and Alicia suddenly logged on.





I decided to log off, because my heart was beating so fast and I thought I was going to die of embarrassment. After 15 minutes, I logged back onto tuenti and I found that Irene posted a question onto my wall asking about the physics homework. But Alicia was still signed in, and Alicia starts messaging me again. And this time, I was very careful about what I sent to her. I told her that I don't want to do the cybersex anymore. She told me she had to leave, I was a little mean, and she asked me if I was mad, and I said, of course not. Then she signed off. I decided to block Alicia.





But I am so scared to return to school on Monday, knowing everyone in the school probably knows. I have no idea what to do. Do I confront Irene? Or do I just ignore everything and act like nothing happened? Please please tell me!! I need all the advice I can get!! Thanks sooooo much!!!How to deal with... well I don't know how you call it... this story?
It's not as embarrassing as you think. The only way for Irene to ';tell on you'; is to tell on herself too.





She can't bust you without busting herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment