Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do i overcome my extreme jealousy and anger problem.?

How do i overcome my extreme jealousy. everyday i get more and more jealous of my roommate/best friend that it consumes me. He gets all the girls. Always gets laid, has a really nice car, and a girlfriend back at home. I think the reason he has more luck with women because he's light skinned and im dark skinned. So depressed havent had a girlfriend in 10 years and havent had sex in a year. Sometimes I feel like he looks down on me for this. Makes me feel so jealous that it makes me not wanna be his friend anymore. Im about to be 25 and I dont have a girlfriend. I hate my life really wish it was over.How do i overcome my extreme jealousy and anger problem.?
Just when you think you're life is bad, there's so many other people out there who have it worse. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. One of the ways to overcome the jealousy you're feeling would be to deal with your insecurities. Why do you think this guy has such a better life than you? Because he's light-skinned? That can't really be all there is to separate you from the happiness you see him experiencing. There are plenty of dark skinned men out there who are just as gorgeous, if not better looking than light-skinned men. In fact, most women I know prefer dark skinned men. Look at the success of Idris Elba, Denzel Washington, Derek Luke, Taye Diggs, just to name a few. So color can't be all that's driving you to feel such jealousy and anger for your roommate.





What else is going on? Why haven't you had a girlfriend for 10 years? Are you not putting yourself out there and finding opportunities to meet new women? In addition, if you're feeling insecure women can sense that and the lack of confidence you have within yourself is probably written all over your face.





What I would suggest is to find another roommate. It doesn't make sense for you to constantly be around someone who is not only the bane of your existence but based on what you're saying, he's not even considerate of how you feel. If anything he seems to irritate you even more the more you're around him.





Now if you can't get another roommate (I know times are hard) trying a find someone to talk to. Releasing the feelings you have will probably help you deal with your roommate. Plus if you have to be around him, what's the saying? If you can't beat em, join em! Find out what makes him so attractive and emulate it. His attitude is obviously working and getting him what he wants, so why don't you take a page from his book and use it to turn you're life around? It can't hurt right?! And anything is worth a try instead of feeling useless and unattractive, which of course you're neither!





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment